Solar Energy Project Initiative | SITEX
SITEX has gone solar! Our Henderson, KY laundry processing facility has recently installed a massive new solar PV system through AmerLight Energy. SITEX has long been an active participant in the global efforts toward making the commercial laundry industry cleaner, greener, and more sustainable. This new solar initiative is in line with our pre-existing sustainability efforts.
Benefits of SITEX’s Solar Energy Project Initiative
Our Solar Energy Project Initiative is part of our continuous effort and commitment towards providing every customer with cleaner, greener, and more sustainable services.
Solar Energy by the Numbers
What exactly does our switch to solar energy bring to the table? To understand more about the impact of our Solar Energy Project Initiative, let’s look at the numbers:
- SITEX installed 572 ZNShine Solar ZXM6-NHLD144-445/M solar panels and 3 Growatt MAC 70KTL3-X MV inverters.
- Our new solar power system can produce 338,593 kWh of energy, powering 38.48% of our facility’s energy needs.
- Our solar panels have a lifespan of more than 30 years, while our inverters have a 10-year lifespan.
- With the power that our solar power system can produce, we are looking at preventing 311,506 lbs. of carbon emissions, significantly lowering the carbon footprint of processing your laundry.
- SITEX’s Solar Energy Project Initiative reduces carbon emissions equivalent to the work of 6,490 trees.
Making Sustainable Laundry Possible
Alongside reducing our energy consumption, we have also been following several sustainability practices that have been in place for years:
- Using green detergent and laundry chemicals in our facilities, in partnership with EPA Award-winning chemical partner, Washing Systems Inc.
- Strict waste-water monitoring to ensure that we are not dumping pollutants into the water.
- Charter-involvement in the Laundry Environmental Stewardship Program (Laundry ESP).
- Choosing Green Seal-certified products for our restroom supply services.
- Reduced paper usage in our financial transactions (i.e., billing, payroll, baking, etc.).
- Reduced fuel consumption through efficient delivery route systems.
- Hanger recycling to reduce waste.
- Environmentally-conscious laundry procedures while ensuring clean, hygienic laundry results.
- Locker-, rack-, and bin-refurbishing efforts for more sustainable uniform and linen storage.
- Reduced water consumption for our laundry processes.
- Conscious effort to use products and materials that align with our sustainability efforts.
- With the addition of our new Solar Energy Project Initiative, we can guarantee a significant reduction in the amount of energy used to process your linens and uniforms.
SITEX Is Your Partner Towards Sustainability
SITEX continues to commit to and seek out new and better opportunities to bring you eco-friendlier uniform and linen services. You can trust that our continued effort towards greener operations will, in no way, reduce the quality and cleanliness of your items. In fact, these new efforts align with and empower our aim at achieving the best quality results for your linens and uniforms.
SITEX contributes to global efforts towards making the world cleaner, safer, and more sustainable. To know more about our Solar Energy Project Initiative and our sustainability efforts, call us at 270-827-3537 or fill out this form! We’d be more than happy to discuss with you how our new and improved sustainability efforts can impact your business!